Friday, April 12, 2013

Tourney Prep - 1850 tomorrow and random thoughts

Cant decide exactly what my daemons will be doing tomorrow. I still seem to have synergies and combos that other internet gaming blogs havent seemed to locate. There are some really nice and powerful combos in this book, but everyone is so focused on what doesnt work. Take the time to play test and proxy your new codex. Math hammer is powerful but its not enough. Its enough to give you a good base, but not enough to list build off it.

Also something to think about ---You have to have a list that synergizes with your playstyle. It doesnt matter if you have an auto place pancake and waffle list with Necrons. If you dont like playing that style, you wont be as successful as a less powerful list that fits your playstyle.

For instance, I totally hate shooting. Giving me an all shooting list will distract and annoy me. I wont play my list at the best level. I love HTH and spells, and fast units. So i tend to build lists to allow me to do this vs all comers.

I read a good blog the other day. Assualt is allive and well in the 6th. The Meta changes so much with each codex release, so anything good today will be gone tomorrow. So where does that leave you?

Play the table, Assault the table, utilize the table to play your game and it wont matter what list or what meta you face. The game is moving back to generic codexs that force the ability to win back in the players hands, not cheesy auto win tactics, and I for one, love it.

Huzzah
Jonsey

No comments:

Post a Comment