Monday, April 1, 2013

To be the Best, Compete with the Best (Vacation to TN)

I spent a few days of vacation to run down to Tennesee to pick up some antiques from the parents as they downsize to a smaller home. During my travels i wanted to go and see the Hobby store that has popped up in my absence from Tennessee. Wow, was i surprised to see the amount of GW stock. They pretty much had one every model, including the direct only GW stuff. 18 tables! count them 18 tables. This is a Gaming store that blew me away. Also to my surprise there were a couple of awesome painters. I have pushed to make my painting the best it can be and still have room to grow. But this trip showed me what i want to be when i grow up. Take a look at these photos....


Other than that, when you want to get better, you have to play the best. I am looking forward to going to Adpeticon and getting some good pick up games with all the gamers coming from everywhere. You do not get any better playing the same group. Your own particular strategies may improve and i love playing with friends, but that person you dont know that does things you cant predict, is the best way to grow. I also look forward to the lague starting this week as their are so many differnt people and some new people joining it. This will challenge everyone to break out of their old habits when they are pushed in a different direction by a different opponet.

Finally, whats left for me this week and next. Well i am selling my 4k points of Eldar. I am working on 4 terminators for Ryan, followed by finishing up 9 converted and painted buggies for Calvin for Adepticon.
No mercy, mercy is for the weak, we do not train to be merciful in this dojo.

ALso i plan to pick up an airbrush kit at adepticon from the sale of the eldar. Doug i havent forgot about you. Hopefully i can get my teeth cut on this and we can get some painting in.








1 comment: