Thursday, July 11, 2013

Project Grey Knight aka Nova prep

Well at a little over 7 weeks away, its time to get the brush in gear.  Real quick some notes about the army.  I have been running a Space Wolf / Grey Knight build since just after the Indy Open earlier this summer.  Indy highlighted that the Space Wolves were lacking mobility, sitting back and shooting I could blast everyone away, but I seemed to spend the game with my troops scrambling for objectives. The Grey Knights add the mobility and bring some heavy shooting along.  My troops still have to march to objectives, but now they don't have the added duty of pushing enemy held objectives.  The Grey Knights zoom in crush whatever they run into, clearing objectives and them some.  The Storm Raven is by far the best gun ship out there, especially with psybolt ammo. Thankfully all of the wolves are painted they just need based (much later down the road).  For the Grey Knights I need to paint up:

Coteaz
16 Psykers
6 Guardsman
5 Purifiers
Dreadnight
Storm Raven

With my snail like speed, I am behind schedule and still have to get in some primer games and display board work. At this point Coteaz is about 80% done.  I had to take a break from painting him to repair his thunder hammer.  6 of the Psykers are sitting at the 50% stage, and the rest are 3 colored (10% complete).  The Purifers are 98%, they just need their purity seals done.  The Raven has been base coated thanks to Mr. Jones and his airbrush.  His minutes took hours off of my paint time.  With the Dreadknight not started that leaves the guardsmen which, surprise, are actually complete (well minus the bases of course).




No comments:

Post a Comment