Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Jones' Meta Thoughts and list...


I really enjoy the meta and how fast it changes. Me and my core group can talk hours upon end how each codex creates a significant shift (except for dark angels, sorry the helldrake ruined your powerful codex). As I thought it would, the Eldar has brought the rebirth of mech lists. 5-6 or even 7 serpents are going to be common on the board. This will force a lot of player to abandon their 6th edition foot lists are king lists. Plasma will go away as it was an answer to foot lists. Melta will once again come out to deal with these pesky eldar. What will the space marine codex in September bring. I think it brings more mech with special rhino rules making them once again viable. Hold onto your rhinos as a sneaky price increase will follow.


But on to the topic of faster is better, 6th hasn’t changed in the way it was designed, it is objective based quarters and go get your objectives/table controlling edition. So my new task is tailoring a list if really fast ground units to contest objectives and a smaller more powerful foot troops unit to hold my back objectives. I will be trying to throw as many fast units in for threat and wounds as well as contesting other objectives. There is a balance of having enough threat on the table to ensure your opponent doesn’t know what the hell to go after. All of this while allowing my shiny new Firestorm redoubt take care of MCs and flyers while I move strategically around the board.

So what does it look like?

LOC Exalted lesser

Slaneesh herald on steed x2 mastery Exalted  (telepathy is awesome if you haven’t figured it out)

10 dogs

5 plague drones

10 seekers

10 troops x 3

2 grinders

Seeker calvacade (x3)

 

Thoughts>?

No comments:

Post a Comment