Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Grey KNight update

I missed last weeks update, I was distracted by another hobby for a few days, and it put me a little behind.  I did get a few things done since then, though.  Coteaz has been pinned back together and had some additional detailing done.  Mainly the skin highlights are done along with the face.  I also added some detail to the bird and another layer to the cloak.  The wet blending has been working out well on the cloak, giving me the transition I was looking for.  I also dry brushed about 75% of the Storm Raven.  I got a bit distracted looking at the interiors of other Ravens on the interwebs and decided to  redo mine. So it was re-primed back and silver. Next up I got the first round of psykers done with their final highlights. They just need basing, but that part of the project starts next month.  I started the second group of 5.  They are already pretty far along.  Basically ready for the final stage of higlighting.  Since I am painting them in small groups, I kept the color pallet limited.  This should let the smaller groups blend together when they are mobbed up on the field.  I will know for sure in a couple of days when the second unit is finished.

The Nova Trios list is still up in the air.  I am waver between Grey Knights or Space Wolves.  I would love to rock Grey Knights, but wouldn't be able to paint up the other 1k needed for the solo game.  Wolves would be the easiest, since everything is painted, but I have been licking the way Grey Knights have done so far in my practice games.



No comments:

Post a Comment