Friday, July 7, 2017

EPIC FAIL!

Well you guessed it, 60 days since the last post can only mean 1 thing... epic failure.  Unfortunately the goal completely broke down in May.  I took a week or so off of painting and it really bit me.  Then 8th edition 40k rumors started so I stayed on a painting break.  From there I started thinking going back to bugs was going to be the way to go.  So with all the leaks I used hobby time for gaming and painting stayed on break.

I picked up the brush here and there, and the May unit was actually finished June 21st. The unit finished up nice, the colors are solid throughout the 15 man unit, and it is nice to see them all together.  Glad I went with the 15 man, so i can play Deathwatch with painted cult.  Why not just post then?  well I was hoping to have a magic 10 man month.



At the time these guys were finished I was pumped for 40k and coming off a several game winning streak.  So I decided to return to NIDs.  I thought I could pick up a unit of primed guants and knock them out in a week.  Again EPIC FAIL! the last section of June got crazy and GW announced power creep codex is back so my enthusiasm took a nose dive.  

Alas there may still be hope.  I am going to try (yes again) to post weekly, regardless of status.  Either reporting on status, or lamenting about the GW power creep.  I have the brush in hand and ready to paint.  Assuming I can finish the 5 guants for June, then my issue is do I do more guants? or get some warriors in?

No comments:

Post a Comment