Monday, September 9, 2013

Nova Open rounds 1,2, & 3 - Josh

Even though Nova started at 10:30, I was apparently not awake enough to remember to take pictures of the first game.  I walked up to the table and the guy was in a superman shirt and you know what, I would believe him if he said his name was Clark Kent.  Dude was huge, but super nice guy and a fun game to play.  The mission was striaght up kill points so I castled up on the right flank since me had an assualt army, his Tau setup in the oppisite corner as me. He brought Blood Angels with Tau allies.   Mephiston ran around the flank while Dante, 2 units of Sanguinary guard and a Vangaurd veteran squad went in reserve to  deep strick into my lines.  Thankfully Dante decided to sit out turn 2 and the 2nd unit of Sanguinary guard scattered way off away from me.  The Vanguard vets landed perfectly in my lines ready to assualt a psyker squad.  My shooting was pointless with night fight, and the Vangaurd heroically interviened 1 psyker squad.  At first I was diappointed for leaving the gap, but then I realized he only took out 92 points with his 10 man vangaurd squad and now I could turn all my guns on them.  Which I did, and thanks to the storm raven cleaned out all the angels that deep struck last turn.  Turn 3 Dante and his guard show up, only to have my entire army shoot at them killing them to a man.  Mephiston hits my lines, and it takes 3 rounds of assualt before the purifiers can bail the grey hunters out and kill Mephiston.  I mostly ignored the riptide until the dreadknight was in charge range.  Unfortunately I fell short of the charge in the final turn, and the game was called due to time before the epic robot slug fest could happen.  I held on to all but 2 of my kill points, and taking 6 of his.  Excellent game, and he had a beautiful army, next time I remember to turn the camera on.

Game 2. Mission - control objectives and table quarters.  R.Anderson from Dakka Dakka (I will have to update later with his dakka dakka handle).  Sets up a beautiful Chaos Marine/Necorn army.  He even wrote the background of these Chaos Androids, pulling out some old GW references.  Another awesome game, and this time with pictures.

UPDATE: My opponent was Ragnar Arneson Dakka Dakka handle: Mannahnin

Deployment + 1 - I spreadout across my table edge and he piles in behind the LOS blocking hill.  Turn 1 we both move out a bit, I drop a few cultist, but night fight prevents most damage.  I hold 2 objectives to his 1 at this point.

Initial Setup, you can't see my Rune priest and grey hunter squad, they are in the lower left out of the Frame.  Little did I know I big of a part they would play in the game.
 
Turn 2-3 - His spawn and bike mounted lord roll out on the left flank (upper edge in the photo) to threaten my psykers, the Raven arrives to shoot up the spawn, dropping 2 but they just laugh it off.  The first Doomscythe shoots and misses the Raven and the helldrake has nothing to shoot at.  Even the Oblits miss the Raven.  I only manage to kill a few cultist the missles.  In turn 3 I jump the purifers out to stop the spawn, but there charge and the dreadknights charge fall short due to terrain.  Turn 3 the other Doomscythe shows up and drops my Raven with 1 shot and the oblits take out the dread knight.  The spawn and bike lord charge the psykers and epic combat ensues.  Still 2 OBjectives and table quarters to 1 at the end of round 3.
 

This photo is from Turn 2, the turn 3 photo was way too blurry, plus I had more stuff in this round :-)
 
Turn 4-6 In the ruins there was an epic 5 round combat between the psykers, coteaz, the chaos spawn and bike mounted lord.  Turn 4 Doomsythe drops the necrons mid feild to start contesting my objectives.  They blast 6 grey hunters and 2 purifiers.  The grey hunters shoot back and only kill a single necron thanks to amazing resurection protocals.  The purifers charge in to help out the psykers and Coteaz.  Unfortunately my other unit of psykers rolls a 12 and they explode (not the best timing) leaving me 3 guardsmen who are pinned. The spawn wipe out the psykers, the purifers kill 3 of the 4 spawn, then the lord kills the justicar in a challenge.  Turn 5 I drop random cultists, and a few necrons in the center.  He kills a few long fangs with oblits but not much else from shooting.   Turn 5 the spawn kills the last 2 purifiers ( i only took 2 wounds, but rolled snake eyes for saves).  Coteaz then makes 8 saves and wounds the Bike mounted lord.  I had no warp charges left, so I couldn't instant death him.  Turn 6 I dink a few more cultists and take a hull point from the doomsythe, I drop other other one with the quad gun.  The helldrake vector strikes the Rune priest and his unit holding my right objective.  He kills 3, I roll 11 for leadership then 10 for fall back and BAM run off the table! I just lost and objective and slay the warlord!  Ouch.  Coteaz manages to make 10+ saves, kill the warlord in my assualt phase, the last spawn in his phase, then die to guase fire at the bottom of turn 6.  The necrons charge into the grey hunters holding my last objective, kill 4 and consolidate enough to contest my other objective.  That give him 2 objectives to my 0. 
 
Photo is from the start of Turn 5 when I still had a shot at this game.


 Game 3 - Nothing good to say about that, so  here is some picts from a different army.


Trolling the web for a list to play with out thinking, settling on screamer spam - 6 hours
 Pananicing the week before the tourney becuase you didn't win the ebay auctions then driving to the toy store to pickup bags of marine animals - $14.99

  1 can orange, 1 can pearl white spray paint - $12.98
 Stealing the coral from the parents fish tank - free
 
Having an army at Nova noone has any idea what you are playing - Priceless



No comments:

Post a Comment