Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Nova Open GT

Well I will upload picutres later as a first off to this blog. While this is my first GT ever attending I can say after hearing the boasts of other GT's the team has gone to (Indy/Adepticon) this one did not meet up to what I was expecting. I did like registration open a day early for the GT, but the down fall was the "flow" of getting into a line, no signs posted, and always bumping into another line for a different section got many confused. Thew swag bags were GREAT on the upside of things, as Jones' posted earlier. Alot of what was in there I was about to purchase from the merchandise table!. I did not participate in the GT as my girlfriend and I were on a vacation that started in VA, then ended up in central ohio.
We were on vacation only to present the simple fact to close friends that we are expecting another son! We are 22 weeks along with Tristan Michael, and I can't wait to have another little one to play with. (Have to start him off early with some miniatures in his crib).
At the Tournament, the Vendor support was fantastic (those that showed up did a great job) The toledo game room has as always a TON of bits, OOP mini's and tons of stuff for sale, Secret Weapon Miniatures (added bases to swag bag), Grex airbrush - looking more into this perhaps once my semister of school is over with, the War Store ( whom added various bits to the swag bag), and Powered Play. We here at WDC have been watching this company since it's fledgling start on kickstarter. Booth had plenty to look at and take into view, and after spending about 20-25 minutes speaking with them came to understand some small flaws in my own wiring, and we shared some ideas briefly and some key takaways from the conversation. The 13 colour of lights they offer is very nice, and will help us out in some areas that may deem a "special" colour is needed.
All and all the team did about average contension wise (they will have to comment on their individual bases as we left before final scores/judging/awards were done.) but my take on the Tournament, I may go to play, perhaps have a booth next year, and support the cause. More to follow up in reviews, once better organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment