Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Band Wagon

Ok I know alot of us are jumping from one wagon to another. Myself included. I have tried to stay the path of the greater good, but in all honesty, I would like a change from the formational gun wall. Granted the gun wall works great for turn 1 & 2 pending night fighting rules, but change is good. I know a few of us have become heretics, and a few of us are now glaring down the path of the rightousness with the new DA codex. (I so could see me finally building my DA successor chapter now with the new awesome looking models), but in all things serious. I have been slowly working on a good vs. evil type campaign setting. Where lets say there is 4 people for the good side, and 4 people for the evil side. All missions would be attacker defender type. Taken from numerous books (and with some clarification) effective in 6th edition. So if week one the evil side is the attacker (i mean the evil side always wants what they dont have), so how the games would work is. We have a set number of point values for the mission (like our league 10, 7, 4) and out of the four people, 3 have to play from each side. So someone could always take a "by" week. Now rules to this is, you cannot have a by week for 2 games in a row (pending real life issues of course). And the sum of all points between the "active or played" games will determine the Winner of that game set. I have already looked and am working on 6 (using my brothers planet strike tiles) different "mini" campaigns for the large one. that being said each mini campaign would comprise of 4 battles each. (making this a year long war for control of the planet.) I just want to put this out there and see the interest feed I get back. Weather your in or out, or have some ideas (all will be looked at). the campaign will continue even if it is Just Jackie and I.

Thanks,

3 comments:

  1. I would like to join in the fun, but I don't know how the Eldar fit into a good vs. evil scenario. We are Xenos, but we're not cool with Chaos or Necrons or Nids. Let me know - also I only have 2000-2500 points or so right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Godo question. We are just trying to get a feel for who would want to try to partake in this adventure, and poitns don't matter, and unless specified by missions I think we are looking at playing around 1750 (most tourny sizes) though some mission's so far state "best played at" so many points. and the 2k-2.5k eldar you would still leave troops at home as the highest is only 2k I have seen in the missions so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes and i have a lot of new missions from books ive purchased to remove the old stale ones, plus a couple of attack and defend missions chris and i have been throwing around.

    ReplyDelete