Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Games 4-6 DaBoys GT 2013 Calvin Smarr

So, in continuing a trend of difficult games, my 4th game of the day was THIS years adepticon winner and current ETC member Nick Nanavanti. Nick is known for being one if the best daemon players around, but this GT decided to roll a very interesting GK force comprised of 30 strike in rhinos, 2 incinerator dreads, GM nd coteaz on crusader leading a tooled out henchman DC squad. And our mission was the relic....

Game 4

Primary: Relic
Secondary: This late in the day we decided to go balls in and made relic for all the marbles.

I chose to let Nick go first, he advanced 6" forward wisely not disembarking to grab relic and leaving himself vulnerable to assault, in my turn I moved a Battlewagon 12" forward to block relic. Nicks dreadknights charged both battlewagons putting me of foot for a charge in my turn. Overall it was a very bloody game where Ghaz took one dreadknight and part of the DC squad out where the bulk of the strike were killed by the khorne lord and meganobz that had broken off Ghaz unit. In the end I held the relic (just barely) to eek out a win. Nick was an excellent player and had taken liberal advantage of the bar and I told him I look forward to a rematch at adepticon.

Score- 31/33 pts

Game 5

Primary: KP
Secondary: big guns 4 objectives

Game 5 had me paired with Kurt Clauss in you guessed it, hammer and Anvil again vs his tau/eldar build. After 1st turn saw my predator and both battlewagons blown out from under me I settled in for a long brutal ass whoopin lol. Kurt is currently #1 ranked on torrent of fire, and it is well deserved as just in my previous loss to Brad, Kurt played very tightly despite his strong lead and never gave me anything to get back in the game. Despite the loss Kurt was a really nice guy and was one of my favorite opponents at Daboyz.

Score-0/33

Game 6

Primary: emperors will
Secondary:Relic

The final matchup paired me with Rich. Rich was using, Orks and Chaos! Rich also had two battlewagons but then used a nob biker squad and a helldrake/flying mace prince combo with a maulerfiend. A fast hard hitting army like that is something I can appreciate :) Rich knew my lobbas were very dangerous to his scoring cultists so went after them very aggressively with his mace prince right off the bat flying over and psychic shrieking them right off the board, after much discussing after our game we determined this may have been the only (very tiny!) mistake he made all game, as when flying perhaps 5-6" closer than nessesary to shriek the 2nd lobba squad allowed ghazghkull, along with a lucky shot to get the prince outta the air, a chance to get his str 10 claw on him! With the predator accounting for the maulerfiend early and my grots hiding from the helldrake, my outflanking koptas were once again my MVP as they moved to contest Richs objective and Ghaz unit holding the relic. Had it gone to turn 6 it would have been a very different outcome as Richs nob squad was poised to take my warboss off the objective easily. 

Score-31/33

There's some very big developments coming up in the next few days between escalation and super heavies being added to normal 40k games, this and the new digital formations GW is releasing has me holding out on writing about what I think the meta will be looking like until I have an opportunity to digest all this info!

No comments:

Post a Comment